Vitacress Real is one of the leading herbal specialists in Europe. With our young and fast growing company, our mission is to let people enjoy food with natural and healthy seasonings.
Herbs are grown all year round, in order to ensure that we can offer consistent quality throughout the year. We like to grow in places where the product grows in the most natural and sustainable way. That is why we grow in the Netherlands, Germany, England, Spain, Portugal and Kenya, among others. At our location in Venlo, these freshly grown herbs are then packaged for the European market and international consumers.
When you enter our building in Venlo you can taste the freshness and energy of Vitacress Real. You become infected with the passion for the product. Central to this are four values that can be felt by all colleagues. We Grow, We Care, We Inspire and We Smile.
Together with the quality team, you start the day by going through the planning and daily tasks. The analysis of the day before showed that there were some issues with incoming product. You make an analysis of the cause and plan the necessary actions. You find a solution to improve this and communicate this to the colleagues involved but not before you have complemented the Quality Controller who already initiated the right actions so the product could still be used.
During your break you can enjoy a delicious cup of soup. After lunch you contact Stijn, our Production Manager. You have a suggestion for improvement which would benefit Quality and Production. Stijn agrees with your suggestion, and you immediately start developing this. After this, you have an evaluation meeting scheduled with one of your new team members to check how she is doing. You give her some tips on how to take the next step in her development which you will be monitoring the next days.
At the end of the day, you check with your team whether there have been any problems that are important to know for other departments. You make a short note, so that you can discuss some action points the next day during the “Sunrise meeting”.
Together with your team, 6 Quality Controllers, you ensure that the quality control operation runs smoothly.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Leading the team of Quality Controllers;
- Developing the team and ensuring that we get the most out of the team. Both on the short and long term. Creating an independent team, whereby the Quality Controllers are confident to make decisions independently;
- You are responsible for the correct and efficient execution of quality control processes for example: incoming check, outgoing check, and shelf-life testing;
- Where the quality of a product does not meet the requirements of Vitacress Real, you and your team will look for possible causes and you are the one who makes improvement proposals to the right department, this can be Production, but also Sourcing or Sales;
- Monitoring the daily QC planning but also give input to the weekly Production and Supply Chain planning;
- On a daily base you are in close contact with several departments;
- Continuous improvement. You are continuously working on developing, optimizing, structuring, and organizing our processes. You will get all the freedom to get started with this.
- You are a decisive leader with a critical eye and a positive attitude. You love to motivate people and help them grow in strong and independent employees;
- You have some experience in leading a quality team and preferably within dynamic environment (food production for example);
- Showing entrepreneurship is one of your strongest qualities. You strive for the maximum achievable. This gives you energy!;
- You are able to transform problems into fun challenges that are solved together with the team;
- You are structured, accurate and organizationally strong;
- Speaking the Polish language is a must, in combination with English and/or Dutch;
- The quality control department works in three shifts (6:00 – 15:00 / 15:00 – 00:00 / 18:00/20:00 – end). Normally as Teamleader Quality you work in dayshift, but a certain degree of flexibility is required.
- You will be included in a knowledge organization that is growing and that focuses on experience and quality;
- Room for entrepreneurship!;
- Mint, thyme, rosemary (or any other herb), as much as you want!;
- Daily free fresh fruit and soup in our own “Greenhouse Café”;
- Free access to the Vita-Gym, so that you stay fit in body and mind;
- A great opportunity to share knowledge in an environment with room for initiative and personal development;
- A contract directly with our client Vitacress Real.