Rhenus Contract Logistics NL currently operates at six locations with a seventh location under construction, all in the Tilburg-Eindhoven region. Rhenus Contract Logistics NL offers a wide variety of logistics services ranging from common warehousing and order picking to value added services and managed services, such as customer services, import & export documentation and clinical trial or sales support. Financial services and carrier and delivery management are also part of the services Rhenus Contract Logistics NL provides.
As a Warehouse Operations Manager you will lead the operations of a B2C E-commerce site in Tilburg. By developing people and systems you will ensure that targets are met and customers and people are satisfied. You will lead your warehouse Shiftleaders and indirect the Supervisors, Teamleaders and their Warehouse employees. They work in two shifts and you work in a dayshift.
You are ultimately responsible for the operational coordination of logistics activities. This translates into a practical, hands-on approach on the work floor, allowing you to motivate your team and help bring your organization to a higher level. You are successful in building strong teams and leading them to achieve success. You report to the Site Manager.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Leading, developing and delivering performance improvement plans ensuring the achievement of budgets and overall company performance targets together with the site MT;
- Creating/leading the LEAN agenda ensuring the continuous improvement of Operations;
- Leading and directing ongoing improvements in both operational and occupational safety;
- Leading and directing all operational staff and facilities to ensure achievement of Safety, Quality and Performance targets for all operational activities;
- Leading and directing the Operations departments ensuring functional objectives (KPIs) are achieved;
- Developing and implementing systems for employee involvement and development.
- Creating, developing and implementing comprehensive systems to ensure that the company’s revenue is safeguarded.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business Administration or Engineering;
- You have knowledge of B2C, managing operations with technical knowledge covering Logistics, Engineering and Service functions demonstrating a clear track record of success (E-commerce experience is a plus);
- You have knowledge of and experience with implementing continuous improvement programs and effective project management;
- You are able to persuade and influence people at all levels and develops good working relationships;
- You are an analytical and strategic thinker with good business acumen and the ability to think from the customers’ perspective;
- You have the ability to motivate people with a coaching style that builds effective teams and manages performance positively;
- You have financial knowledge covering budget forecasting;
- Excellent written and verbal skills in Dutch and English.
- An ambitious work environment within a growing organization with a collegial working atmosphere;
- Space to provide input, show initiative and grow;
- You receive a competitive salary package.