As Operations Manager at Amway Supply Chain Services (ASCS), you will ensure that everything runs smoothly within your department. You are ultimately responsible for all Final Mile Logistics operations in 12 European countries. This means that you ensure that customer orders in this region are properly processed, stored, packed and shipped, all to the highest standards and within the agreed time. You achieve the set annual goals by dividing your attention between staffing, controlling costs and monitoring quality standards.
Duties and responsibilities:
• You manage a team of 6 in-house employees divided in pick-pack, transportation and 2nd line customer service;
• In addition, you indirectly manage a team of 15 – 25 employees;
• You monitor the agreed SLA’s and KPI’s with external partners, hold regular consultations and make adjustments where necessary;
• You also keep a close eye on the financial side, and are budget responsible for the externally hired warehouse and transport activities;
• You are a coaching manager and together with your team you ensure that customer expectations are exceeded and excellent service is provided;
• You analyze the existing processes and ensure continuous improvements of the operational processes and systems;
• There are a number of interesting projects in the pipeline for the future where you serve as project leader.
Do you get excited about this challenging role in which you work operationally, tactically and strategically? Then this position of Operations Manager at Amway is perfect for you!
• You have a bachelor or master level preferably in logistics, supply chain management or similar;
• You have at least 10 years of management experience in logistics. Preferably within an international environment;
• You are fluent in Dutch and English, both orally and in writing;
• You have a good eye for internal and external relations;
• You are analytically strong and eager to improve;
• You are a natural and coaching leader.
• An excellent salary, bonus scheme, 8.5% holiday allowance and a 13th month;
• Non-contributory pension;
• Group health insurance, 70% gross employer contribution;
• Bicycle plan;
• Discount on high-quality Amway products;
• Ability to work hybrid on occasion.
Amway is a family-owned company, founded in 1959, and has built a successful business model on the power of relationships and networks. Amway is one of the largest direct sales companies in the world – with millions of registered independent distributors (Amway Business Owners). Today, they form a global community. For the Final Mile Logistics department in Venlo, we are looking for a driven and enthusiastic Operations Manager.