Every day you are busy coaching the production workers to get the most out of the production process. You think it is cool to produce all orders as efficiently as possible on a daily basis, while there is a good atmosphere in the department. To be able to flawlessly produce this beautiful product with your enthusiastic team gives you a kick!”
Just another day at the office…
Together with the production team, you start the shift by making sure there is a flying start. Within minutes of the shift start all lines are running properly. While going through the production planning and daily analysis, you enjoy a cup of fresh mint tea. The analysis of the day before showed that line 11 did not perform as expected. You make an analysis of the cause and plan the necessary actions. It turns out that line 11 loses too much time during a changeover. You therefore involve the Operators and our Continuous Improvement Coordinator, Tomasz, to make a short improvement plan. You ensure that it is implemented that same day.
Then you do a round on the floor. In the meantime, you monitor the performance of all lines.
During lunch you can enjoy a delicious cup of soup and challenge 2 colleagues during a table tennis match. After lunch you have a one-on-one half year evaluation meeting with our Senior Operators together with your colleague Assistant Production Manager Sylwia. The Senior Operators made great progress and therefore deserve a nice compliment and a good review. Together you process the next development steps for the coming six months.
At the end of the shift, you check whether there have been any problems during production that are important to know for other departments. You make a short note, so that you can discuss some action points the next day during the daily "Operational Sunrise meeting". Just before you go home, you go through next week's schedule with our Operations Scheduling Specialist, Daniel.
But of course, you do a lot more…
• Together with our 3 other Assistant Production Managers you are responsible for leading the operational production team (100 employees). Important elements of your job are onboarding, coaching, developing, and training our (new) Senior Operators, Operators, and Production Workers;
• On daily basis you check the staff planning of our production lines;
• Continuous improvement is part of the job. You contribute to Kaizen/Scrum projects;
• Implementing and monitoring 5S on the packing department;
• Responsible for a good communication and information flow between production and office;
• You have a strong focus on (product) quality (packs and raw materials) to make sure that our quality level is super high!
• We are looking for a decisive leader with a critical eye;
• You are experienced in leading a production team and preferably within a food environment;
• You are a leader with strong coaching, training, and management skills;
• Showing entrepreneurship is one of your strongest qualities. You strive for the maximum achievable. This gives you energy;
• Strong drive, enthusiasm, and problem-solving ability;
• Focus on quality, results and continuous improvement is self-evident to you;
• You enjoy working closely with different departments (for example Technical Services, Continuous Improvement, Logistics and Production Planning);
• You speak the English (Level B1) language. Speaking Dutch is a nice to have;
• Working in shifts is no issue for you.
Terms of employment
• A super dynamic working environment with talented colleagues who want to bring each other to a higher level. You will be included in a knowledge organization that is growing and that focuses on experience and quality;
• Mint, thyme, rosemary (or any other herb), as much as you want!;
• A travel allowance from your front door to ours;
• A compensation for your old age;
• Our Vitality Fund! An annual budget to work on your vitality;
• Unlimited access to our online VR Academy!;
• A great opportunity to share knowledge in an environment with room for own initiative and personal development.
For Vitacress Real, VIA Logistics Professionals is looking for an Assistant Production Manager. Vitacress Real is one of the leading herbal specialists in Europe. With their young and fast growing company, the mission is to let people enjoy food with natural and healthy seasonings.
At the location in Venlo, these freshly grown herbs are then packaged for the European market and international consumers. When you enter the building in Venlo you can taste the freshness and energy of Vitacress Real. You become infected with the passion for the product. Central to this are four values that can be felt by all colleagues. We Grow, We Care, We Inspire and We Smile.
Op basis van je sollicitatie bepalen wij of je past bij onze opdrachtgever en de vacature.
Als je geschikt bent, nodigen wij jou uit voor een kennismakingsgesprek bij ons op kantoor of digitaal.
Vervolgens introduceren wij jou bij onze opdrachtgever en volgen er gesprekken. Is dit positief? Dan bepaalt de opdrachtgever of en wanneer je gaat starten.