Cordstrap produces and delivers cargo securing systems such as lashes and dunnage bags, for all types of transport. It is a mid-sized organisation that has built a leading position in the market. And has over 50 years’ experience in securing and protecting cargo worldwide. Cordstrap is active in over 50 countries worldwide. For the head office in Oostrum we are looking for a Global Logistics Program Leader.
As a Global Logistics Program Leader you develop the short and long term logistic strategy for Cordstrap worldwide. You are an entrepreneur and you apply state of the art systems and processes to improve logistic efficiencies and cost performance. You will establish an industry leading customer experience. You will report directly to the Global Head of Supply Chain, also there are short lines with the CEO and CFO.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Be the expert within the Logistical (Procurement) space, own/3PL warehousing and distribution;
- Initiate and execute tenders/supplier selections, footprint reviews, make/buy analysis;
- Clearly report global logistics performance / establishing correct measures and performance feedback mechanisms;
- Set up and execute a diverse range of step change and continuous improvement projects, leveraging your IT / procurement platforms and tools expertise.
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Technical/Industrial Engineering/Supply Chain with additional procurement or logistics training/certificates. MBA is a plus;
- You have at least 8 years of commercial & logistics experience in an international environment;
- You have good cross functional experience within logistics & supply chain;
- You are an experienced and independent project leader with a customer oriented attitude;
- You have proven contractual, analytical and negotiation skills;
- You are a critical thinker with a strategic perspective;
- You have knowledge of advanced purchasing processes & systems and process improvement tools;
- Travelling is also part of your job (average 15%).
- An independent role with freedom and entrepreneurship;
- Strategic impact on Cordstrap’s global logistics footprint;
- An international environment that will encourage continuous improvement;
- A salary between 70-80k a year.