Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
The Logistics Maintenance Engineer ensures that for all operational equipment the (predictive, preventive and corrective) maintenance is arranged in an adequate manner. The Logistics Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the optimal use of; conveyers, sorters, label machines, hand scanners, etc. The Logistics Maintenance Engineer continuously strives for improvements in operational equipment, supporting the improvement of our main KPI’s (safety, quality, service and efficiency). Together with suppliers you bring maintenance to a higher level.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Implement predictive maintenance, preventive, corrective complex operations requiring the use of a wide field of expertise.
- Maintain, modify, improve processes and means by suggesting improvements or re-design.
- Manage the technical conditions of capability for all operational equipment under responsibility of the site.
- Optimize the implementation and ramp up of new workstations.
- Comply with the HSE rules with regards to maintenance activities throughout the Distribution Centre.
- Identify and express to managers any risks regarding health and safety, including reporting all incidents and near misses.
- Train logistic operators in achieving basic maintenance level skills.
- Ensure the consideration of maintainability means of new projects.
- Participating in the implementation of a major transfer and implementation of an Autostore system.
- Manage the maintenance database.
- Contribute strongly to the choice of technical solutions in its (their) specification (s) in conjunction with the Engineering department.
- Manage the procurement and inventory accuracy of spare parts together with the maintenance operators
- Manage, together with Procurement, the supplier relation (business reviews).
- Ensure, together with Procurement, that for all subcontracted maintenance the contracts are managed adequately.
- At least a Bachelor level is required to be demonstrated by means of a completed education (for example in the field of Logistics, Mechanics or Electronics).
- You have several years of relevant working experience.
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills.
- You are analytical and proactive.
- You have good technical and IT skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English and preferably Dutch.
- You are able to work at a detailed level without losing sight of the overall overview.