Our client is an award-winning fashion related company. The company started just 2 years ago and they are rapidly rising to become the fastest growing business in the UK and one of the fastest growing start-ups throughout Europe. They opened a new warehouse in Venlo. For this new facility we are looking for a Logistics Manager.
As a Logistics Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the order fulfillment and product wrapping from the new warehouse operation in Venlo. You will report directly to the COO of the company.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- You will oversee the work of the Logistics Supervisor and the team to deliver successful fulfillment of all assigned orders to the highest standards;
- Together with the Logistics Supervisor you take care of the staff appraisals/development so that everyone can grow;
- You ensure correct stock levels on the inventory system;
- You will work together with the COO to future-proof the business in terms of staffing levels, equipment and procedures to manage the ambitious sales and growth plans;
- You ensure that all departments are achieving targets and procurement is justified with good value for money;
- You are responsible for the safety and welfare of all staff on site and ensure that appropriate procedures are in place and tested regularly so that you operate to the highest safety standards;
- You ensure that staff are trained appropriately, and that requirements are met for first aid, fire safety, etc..
- You have a bachelor degree;
- You have at least 3 years of experience in an operations management role;
- You speak fluent Dutch and English, any other languages would be a plus;
- You have comprehensive PC skills, especially in use of email and Office packages;
- Experience with inventory systems would be an advantage;
- You are a positive self-starter with the flexibility to work in a dynamic start-up business where rules are still unclear.
- Working in an award-winning hosiery company;
- The salary indication for the role is 50k-60k a year plus 8% holiday allowance. This depends on your knowledge and experience;
- Benefits include private healthcare, life cover, pension and a lot of own products;
- 25 days paid holidays;
- You will get a permanent contract at the company, with a probationary period of 2 months;
- A full training in use of the systems will be provided.