Our client is an award-winning fashion related company. The company started just 2 years ago and they are rapidly rising to become the fastest growing business in the UK and one of the fastest growing start-ups throughout Europe. They opened a new warehouse in Venlo. For this new facility we are looking for a Logistics Supervisor.
As a Logistics Supervisor you have a very clear mission, which is to get the orders cleared each week, with all teams pulling together to get the orders out to customers as soon as possible. You will be responsible for managing the operational teams to achieve 100% order fulfillment and product wrapping from the new warehouse operation in Venlo. You will report directly to the Logistics Manager.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- You oversee the wrapping, picking, dispatch and receiving teams to deliver on order fulfilment and utilize available staff resources;
- You are responsible for managing the stock levels and use the inventory system to manage orders, generate batches and control the flow of orders through dispatch and pick departments;
- You make sure that all staff are supported to achieve their targets and are happy in their roles;
- You will carry out staff training, remedy problems and issues, approve holidays and maintain adequate staffing levels;
- You liaise with the carriers and the Distribution Manager to solve any issues and ensure smooth courier collections each day;
- You inform the Office Manager of purchase needs to see that essential working items are always available;
- You take care of staff training including inductions, manual handling, safe use of equipment and ensure that personal protective equipment is always used;
- You ensure that the staff can work in a safe and comfortable environment.
- You have a secondary vocational education or bachelor degree;
- You have at least 1 year of experience in warehouse management;
- You speak fluent Dutch and English, any other languages would be a plus;
- You have comprehensive PC skills, especially in use of email and Office packages;
- Experience with inventory systems would be an advantage;
- You have great troubleshooting skills, as no two days will be the same and there will be constant challenges in delivering successful order execution;
- You have a full driver’s license.
- Working in an award-winning hosiery company;
- The salary indication for the role is 35k-45k a year plus 8% holiday allowance. This depends on your knowledge and experience;
- Benefits include private healthcare, life cover, pension and a lot of own products;
- 25 days paid holidays;
- You will start with a contract for one year with the intention to extend permanently;
- A full training will be provided in use of the systems.