Our client delivers tailored, progressive and scalable solutions to premier global automotive and technology brands. They supply 3PL and 4PL solutions that adapt as quickly as industry and the marketplace evolve.
We are looking for an Operations Manager to plan, direct and coordinate the operations at the facility. You will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, and efficiency through the implementation of effective methods and strategies.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- You manage the daily activities of a logistics operation to maximize scheduling and delivery of commodities to the customer;
- Interface with customer to ensure smooth -coordination of scheduling and maximization of schedule adherence; provides input on local conditions, identifies needs and receives direction on real-time staffing increases or decreases;
- Enact contingency plans as needed; escalate and direct activities during system problems, disasters, etc.; identify potential problems, troubleshoot, escalate issues to local and senior management, and participate in post-mortem analysis of problems providing input for future process improvements;
- Review ongoing performance results to targets. Take corrective measures with authorization, escalate as needed;
- Responsible for providing effective leadership to the Warehouse Managers and/or team, enforcing company standards, act as a role model.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field preferred;
- Progressive experience performing professional level operational and plant management duties; preferably in automotive or logistics industry;
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret complex documents;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables;
- Proficient personal computer skills.
- Exciting and challenging roles within a growing international organization;
- Stimulating personal growth and self-development within an informal atmosphere;
- A market competitive compensation package.