As a Process Engineer you are part of the Engineering and Continuous Improvement Department. This department is responsible for NPI, Projects, Operational efficiencies, Continuous improvements and layout improvements on both manufacturing and logistic processes.
The team you will be joining consists of 6 engineers. The priorities are determined as a team, with everyone being employable on an all-round basis. You work on a few projects at the same time. In addition, you pick up all kinds of things ad hoc. Being able to move quickly is therefore important.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Utilize Lean Standards in everyday assignments and analysis including: Line Balancing, PFEP, MTM, Value Stream Mapping, Process FMEA’s, Control Plans, engineering studies, and resource requirement sheets;
- Provide leadership and support to Continuous Improvement initiatives at the plant level;
- Develop and update existing headcount analysis tools (direct and indirect labor) to analyze the impact of changes on business and prepare summary reports for and in support of Operations, IT and Business Process Improvement initiatives;
- Prepare engineering studies to ensure that continuously changing operational processes are reflected in operational and strategic calculations;
- Measure standard time (MTM) to proactively challenge and support the realization of reductions in standard time, while always striving to eliminate waste;
- Serve as the main point of contact and expert on capacity, process improvement tasks, and standard time inquiries;
- Work closely with Operations, Account Management, Customer, Facilities and Project Management teams to develop and implement solutions to meet the requirements of the business;
- Manage the engineering function for assigned projects and activities including; engineering- and project budgets, processes, equipment, work standards and facilities;
- Make informed recommendations and decisions related to the purchase or lease of capital equipment.