Our client is a logistics service provider in region Den Bosch.
In your job as a Regional Transport Manager you will be part of the wider operational leadership team. You supporting Business Units across Europe with multi-modal primary transport and global forwarding solutions. The objective of this role is to manage transport and freight forwarding operations in your respective region.
Tasks and responsibilities
- You work closely with the commercial team to design and implement new client solutions;
- You manage in-house transport operations and sub-contractors to deliver against client service requirements;
- You manage the customs services;
- You have client contact, attend business reviews and prepare responses to enquiries. You are also the first line of issue escalation;
- You manage local P&L and take the responsibility for delivering against budget;
- You ensure local administration of freight orders and accurate cost capture and invoice creation;
- You support the Quality Manager to develop and maintain best in class standard operating procedures.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Business, Supply Chain, Transport Management, Logistics or other relevant area;
- You are in possession of professional Management Qualifications/Certifications;
- You have 4 years of experience in an international setting within transport or forwarding operations;
- You focus on organization and solutions and be able to work in a fast growing environment;
- Your MS Office skills are very good;
- You speak fluent the English and Dutch language. Other European languages is a pre;
- Willing to travel (40%).