Are you an experienced Solutions Design Engineer and interested to work in an international logistics environment?
As Solutions Design Engineer your main objective is to initiate, develop and sell the solution designed of the foreseen logistics operating model, fitting the dynamic business environment of the client / prospect by applying vertical knowledge and expertise.
In addition, your main activities are:
• Develop innovative concepts, extracting and leveraging operational know-how and expertise, focusing on the respective (sub)vertical;
• Design the layout for the Solution Design, applying extracted knowledge in a centralized and structured manner using appropriate modelling methods, such as simulation and financial commercial modelling;
• Deep analysis on data sets including sensitivity analysis together with the Data Science team;
• Ensure the consistency and accuracy of extracted knowledge across different regions and business units;
• Determine Material handling requirements, incl. automated material handling and robotics;
• Perform financial sensitivity analysis and pricing generation;
• Present results in a professional and understandable manner;
• Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to integrate RFQ proposals into the sales process;
• Your duties will include dealing with complex tenders;
• Communication with potential customers, existing customers, suppliers as well as other DSV departments and organizations.
DSV looks for people who can make the difference and who can individually contribute to the development and achievements of DSV. The qualities they value in their employees are: involvement and responsibility, professional skills and the ability to share knowledge, the ability to create results and flexibility and readiness for change. The role of Solutions Design Engineer also includes the next skills: excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills, advanced analytical skills, team player, flexible, helicopter view and open minded.
• You have successfully completed a relevant education, minimal Bachelor’s degree (HBO);
• You have a minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in logistics;
• You have an analytical ability to structure and solve logistics problems;
• You have technical expertise and business acumen;
• You show initiative and come up with creative ideas and solutions;
• You have commercial capabilities;
• You have strong technical engineering knowledge and expertise, including warehouse automation;
• You are familiar with the developments within the automation of warehouses
• You have defined vertical knowledge and expertise;
• You have an excellent command of English language (writing and speaking);
• You have good knowledge of MS Office and applications;
• You are willing to travel (minimal, mainly Europe) is required.
Terms of employment
As a global supplier of transport and logistics services, DSV offers great career opportunities to the right individuals. When employed with DSV you will receive the requisite training to develop the professional competences that will benefit your future career with DSV. Not only will you be working for an international company, you will be rewarded with comprehensive support from your Business Change Management department.
You will also gain:
• A dynamic and challenging opportunity in an international setting, with compelling term of employment;
• Market level salary, based on education and experience;
• Hybrid working is negotiable;
• Pleasant secondary working conditions like holiday allowances of 8%.
DSV is a global supplier of transport and logistics services. They have offices in more than 70 countries and an international network of partners and agents, making them a truly global player that offers services worldwide.
For DSV Solutions, Business Change Management (BCM) department, we are currently looking for an enthusiastic candidate for Solutions Design Engineer.
Op basis van je sollicitatie bepalen wij of je past bij onze opdrachtgever en de vacature.
Als je geschikt bent, nodigen wij jou uit voor een kennismakingsgesprek bij ons op kantoor of digitaal.
Vervolgens introduceren wij jou bij onze opdrachtgever en volgen er gesprekken. Is dit positief? Dan bepaalt de opdrachtgever of en wanneer je gaat starten.